Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Welling

+2
stillmanjunior
Luton Roman
6 posters

Go down

City v Welling Empty City v Welling

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 pm

2-0 with Nick and Andy scoring inside 25mins.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City v Welling Empty Re: City v Welling

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 am

Lovely moment when Dan Ball came on and Axel Andresson, who I assumed was being subbed, ran over to give him the captain's armband.

Not only a great player but a super guy as well. Wish him nothing but success.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 am

Thoroughly enjoyable day and game. Encouraging crowd too. The march to the match was a success.

Looking forward to a spine of good permanent signings- keeper, centre back, midfield battler and 25 goal striker. Easy!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzo dog Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am

stillmanjunior wrote:Lovely moment when Dan Ball came on and Axel Andresson, who I assumed was being subbed, ran over to give him the captain's armband.

Not only a great player but a super guy as well. Wish him nothing but success.

He also gave his boots to a young lad waiting by the wall near the tunnel. Top man indeed - who will go far.
bonzo dog
bonzo dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 pm

was great fun yesterday. really enjoyed it. great composure from mccootie for the first.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Considering there was nothing to play for both teams contested it well. Welling looked a decent outfit at times but we were always better.

We have the makings of a decent side although three of the back five are loanees who I would not expect back. All are capable of playing at a higher level. Oleary has been our best goalie for quite some time.

If Morgan had produced as much in his first 21 home games as he has in the last two I would be glad to see him back. I thought he led the line well yesterday despite resorting to the holding tactic as he got tired.

What he needs is a sharp striker alongside him. I never felt McCoulsky linked up well with any of the other forwards despite his goals. I would have like to have seen Hutchinson given more game time over the last few weeks as we still don't know whether he is capable of scoring the goals we need. Maybe GO has someone else in mind. Watto has obviously done very well but so has Nick McCootie. He has made the right mid berth his this season and provides the most impetus going forward. Midfield is strong if a little one paced, but we have played some nice football at times.

If only we were more consistent.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down