Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastbourne taster

5 posters

Go down

Eastbourne taster Empty Eastbourne taster

Post by Kevin Anderson Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:30 am

Kevin Anderson

Back to top Go down

Eastbourne taster Empty Re: Eastbourne taster

Post by Manchester Romans Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm

A lovely piece that, Kevin - thank you!

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:52 pm

A really good read, Kevin - thanks for posting it. Yes, we owe Colin Gardner a lot. The pre season after his lovely gesture we went up to Gloucester for a friendly and actually organised a coach so we could thank him in numbers. We were ushered into the clubhouse and he appeared with an enormous tray of sandwiches for us.

You mentioned the 4 nations tournament - 3 of us attended the England v Scotland game at your place, having watched Wales v Ireland at Worthing in the morning (the Welsh manager and 3 players were from City) - every time we play at Eastbourne it seems to be freezing, but the coldest was that day in May! Here's hoping for a warmer one tomorrow...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Anderson Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Yes I actually remember that England Scotland game - it was absolutely bitter. I was on commentary for BBC local radio and I came out with the deathless phrase "It's the end of May and it feels like the middle of March".

I am happy to report a weak sun is glinting on my back garden as we speak. Tomorrow's forecast is back to normal though. Bring your trawlermens gear....

Kevin Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm

That's a really sweet piece, Kevin. Thanks for posting it. I not only enjoyed what you write about us (and didn't know the Colin Gardner story) but also what you wrote about your club. It really encapsulated, as you say, the close ties in non-league clubs both between supporters and clubs. All the best (after this afternoon, naturally) for the rest of the season.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Just a minor correction. It wasn't an outstanding VAT bill, nor were we about to go bust. We were £3k short of the money needed to buy Keith Forster's 51 % shareholding in the club, and Colin kindly stepped in with the last bit.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down