Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight at Weston super mud

+3
NCJesster
Peter Newman
Sir Ged Roddy
7 posters

Go down

Tonight at Weston super mud Empty Tonight at Weston super mud

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:02 am

Today's weather in Weston: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2634308
No rain but fog! Mad

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Tonight at Weston super mud Empty Fog

Post by Peter Newman Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:59 am

I believe the Met Office often use the term when visibility is less than one Km so perhaps not a problem. Plenty of time for some other problem to develop before 19.45.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Tonight at Weston super mud Empty Re: Tonight at Weston super mud

Post by NCJesster Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 pm

School was cancelled today so I am excited to be able to be home to listen to the match and not having to walk around with my earbuds in while my students are working. Wishing the boys good luck and hope we keep the winning going
NCJesster
NCJesster

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:57 pm

We really do need another local side in this division. Because no one trusts WSM any more the game no longer has the atmosphere of a local derby.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm

The attendance of 594 was actually largely up from previous midweek games against them following a steady decline:
2014/15 - 325
2013/14 - 357
2012/13 - 439

But I agree, it doesn't have the feel of a derby. I didn't go, third year running I haven't attended this fixture and only the second game I've missed this season. We had enough cover on the radio (which was a joy to listen to at the gym) and we weren't allowed to use the gantry to film it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 am

I agree with you about the lack of derby atmosphere at the Twerton fixtures, but the presence of far more away supporters at Weston does lift things. Our turn out on Tuesday was really impressive, especially as many had vowed to boycott this fixture.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:03 am

comrade powell wrote:I agree with you about the lack of derby atmosphere at the Twerton fixtures, but the presence of far more away supporters at Weston does lift things. Our turn out on Tuesday was really impressive, especially as many had vowed to boycott this fixture.  

Couldn't agree more, thought the turnout was good, and atmosphere was good.

I don't get the threats of boycott, or like yourself Stillman in not going. Yes, I hate Weston's continual late postponements, I don't particularly like the ground or town, but give the expense and time to go to other away days, not going to one that is easy to get to and cheap strikes me of cutting off your nose to spite the face.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I forgot the game was on. But I must admit I was anticipating a low turnout given the adverse comments previously.

Obviously Bath fans are able to forgive and forget.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Jon_BOA wrote:
comrade powell wrote:I agree with you about the lack of derby atmosphere at the Twerton fixtures, but the presence of far more away supporters at Weston does lift things. Our turn out on Tuesday was really impressive, especially as many had vowed to boycott this fixture.  

Couldn't agree more, thought the turnout was good, and atmosphere was good.

I don't get the threats of boycott, or like yourself Stillman in not going. Yes, I hate Weston's continual late postponements, I don't particularly like the ground or town, but give the expense and time to go to other away days, not going to one that is easy to get to and cheap strikes me of cutting off your nose to spite the face.

I'll PM you, hun I love you
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down