Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 7-0 Wellington

+7
Roy D Hacksaw
comrade powell
SteveBradley
stillmanjunior
BenE
yuffie
Ashley
11 posters

Go down

City 7-0 Wellington Empty City 7-0 Wellington

Post by Ashley Tue 6 Dec - 22:03

Enjoyable evening, City dominated the game and as Wellington tired were able to score a few goals. Chas' free kick was delightful and McCootie scored a good hat trick. Crowd 117.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

City 7-0 Wellington Empty Re: City 7-0 Wellington

Post by yuffie Tue 6 Dec - 22:12

That was like the good old days of the Somerset Premier Cup.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

City 7-0 Wellington Empty Wellington

Post by BenE Tue 6 Dec - 22:16

Interesting game. First half it looked as though we could play all night and never score. Same old problem. The goal on the stroke of half time was slightly fortuitous although well taken by Hunter and shouldn't have deflected GO from dishing out some harsh criticism. 

He brought Naby back into midfield and pushed Hutchinson more forward and the team played as if they'd had a rocket up the arris. The goals started flying in and I mean flying. Nick's three were well struck while Chas hit a belter from 30 yards. This enabled the kids to come on and show what they can do. Jenner in particular impressed as did Grosvenor at right back. 

My impression is though that a few of the first team squad ought to be on final warnings. They have just not been good enough and we need proper reinforcements. By which I mean some fighters who do not take losing lightly. Plus a goal poacher. Nick was on fire tonight - if he could reproduce that in the league the search would be off - but will he? Can he?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue 6 Dec - 22:17

I took so long with my post someone else got in before me.

(I've merged the topics - moderator)
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue 6 Dec - 22:28

yuffie wrote:That was like the good old days of the Somerset Premier Cup.

That's what I was going to say.

And Wellington won't want to be drawn out against us in a hurry - they're now 25-0 down in five meetings. Anyone have any idea when we scored six in a half before tonight?

I won't really evaluate the game as the gap between us and Western League Division One is huge, as illustrated tonight. I saw Keynsham, the only team above Wellington in that league, play a few weeks back at Westbury, and they weren't particularly inspiring. So it's a case of if our players perform competently, it's a win. Even when they made mistakes someone wins it back pretty quickly. Fair play to Wellington for not resorting to booting (unintended pun) our lot in the air or anything. No injuries and I guess some players have their confidence back. Saw some goals and it was surprisingly mild out. Enjoyable enough evening.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Tue 6 Dec - 22:37

Dynamo Kiev only managed 6 in this evening's European County Cup.

P'ah !

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue 6 Dec - 22:58

SteveBradley wrote:Dynamo Kiev only managed 6 in this evening's European County Cup.

P'ah !

They played Besiktas didn't they? That's rather a large county....

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue 6 Dec - 23:14

Would that be one of the strongest teams we've selected for many years in this competition?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Tue 6 Dec - 23:44

Ashley wrote:
SteveBradley wrote:Dynamo Kiev only managed 6 in this evening's European County Cup.

P'ah !

They played Besiktas didn't they? That's rather a large county....

A county ? Sure it's only a suburb of somewhere more important Very Happy

Istanbul's equivalent of Weston.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed 7 Dec - 13:48

Can't believe I missed this. I thought it was Monday all day. Bah!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed 7 Dec - 18:48

BenE wrote: This enabled the kids to come on and show what they can do. Janneh in particular impressed as did Grosvenor at right back. 

I've been telling you about Saiko Janneh since we saw him play for Cadbury Heath back in September. Seen him three time now and he seems a real prospect.We've got him on dual reg with The Heath, and Bristol City have been looking at him too - so if I knew anything about anything I'd get him signed, even if only on a minimal basis, so we can cash in on him later.

He's only 16, so if he keeps improving and keeps his head he could go far.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed 7 Dec - 19:02

comrade powell wrote:

Would that be one of the strongest teams we've selected  for many years in this competition?

It was certainly a very strong side. 

Roy - I didn't know how to spell Janneh as his name was down as Pruett in the programme.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed 7 Dec - 19:32

Is he City's youngest ever goalscorer?

JUNIOOORRRRRRRRR!!!!?????

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed 7 Dec - 22:37

Palms wrote:Is he City's youngest ever goalscorer?

JUNIOOORRRRRRRRR!!!!?????

Wish I knew Sad him and Pruett wouldn't have been born when City previously faced Wellington at home in the SPC, which was also a 7-0 win.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu 8 Dec - 15:11

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:
BenE wrote: This enabled the kids to come on and show what they can do. Janneh in particular impressed as did Grosvenor at right back. 

I've been telling you about Saiko Janneh since we saw him play for Cadbury Heath back in September. Seen him three time now and he seems a real prospect.We've got him on dual reg with The Heath, and Bristol City have been looking at him too - so if I knew anything about anything I'd get him signed, even if only on a minimal basis, so we can cash in on him later.

He's only 16, so if he keeps improving and keeps his head he could go far.

I don't think we can because he is only 16. I'm sure someone will know better than me, but from memory you can't sign a "professional" (I assume as semi-pro we're still covered by this ruling) contract with a football club until you are 17, so there's nothing we can do to contract him to the club. If we could prove we'd trained him for a certain amount of time though, I think we'd be due some money if he signed for Bristol City and then left them at 20 in a big money deal.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by BathMan Thu 15 Dec - 0:00

Don't get us confused with a pro club. even a 16 year old player for Bath is available to be signed by anyone at any time for nothing. The difference is a Bristol City Kid would be covered under the Bosman ruling that if a pro contract is offer equivalent or better than the previous years contract the player is not allowed to join any other club without compensating the original club up to the age of 23 years old. after that age 23 and above its till the end of the current contract. the compensation is for all the expense invested in developing the kids in the academy. Bath dont have an academy just a YTS College system

See here as he is now on a 3 month trial with City, https://www.bathcollege.ac.uk/news/27191

See how the mention the college more than our club.

BathMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Likehemlo Sun 12 Feb - 12:27

All right, I got that. io9

Likehemlo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down