Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronald Huth

+15
yuffie
comrade powell
2weirdtown
Micawber
Steve Whites Missus
SteveS
miker
cannonball
kermit
stillmanjunior
Luton Roman
pmh9800
Manchester Romans
Beau Nash
sned
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ronald Huth Empty Ronald Huth

Post by sned Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Came on at half time against Rovers.
Played once for Paraguay against Argentina in a friendly. Last seen playing in the Bolivian top flight. Has been training with Swindon. We can't afford him surely!

sned

Back to top Go down

Ronald Huth Empty Re: Ronald Huth

Post by BenE Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:30 pm

We could afford a few tortillas and a bag of nuts for his Llama.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Have to say he did look a class above our level.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:34 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:28 am

That's the one!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 am

yuffie wrote:Have to say he did look a class above our level.
Shhh!  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Huth - 6ft 2½ins, 26 years old, naturally left sided (?)...sounds like a player not good enough for us.  No Cool
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:35 am

6 red cards in 76 appearances, so not in the Sekani school of defending!

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Each yellow / red card needs to be examined to see why it happened.  

Looking at this game - Mon 28/09/15 LFP Blooming 1 - 1 Oriente Petrolero - lots of dismissals.

The English game is very different to South America, if G O wants him I am sure he has done his homework. study

What is Ron doing here?  Why would he appear for us?  Surprised

We "tamed" Hoggy, Coupe etc so anyone else should be child's play. Wink
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:39 pm

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by pmh9800 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:46 pm

Starts this afternoon

pmh9800

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Given how long it takes to await international clearance for Welsh players, how long for Paraguayan ones ??

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Manchester Romans wrote:6 red cards in 76 appearances, so not in the Sekani school of defending!

More like the Chris Sugar school of defending.

He played well today (Huth, not Sugar).
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:21 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
Manchester Romans wrote:6 red cards in 76 appearances, so not in the Sekani school of defending!

More like the Chris Sugar school of defending.

He played well today (Huth, not Sugar).
Two lumps please.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by cannonball Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm

First game yesterday... and have to say that in Ronald Huth I saw one of the most assured, strong and talented players wearing a Bath City shirt for many a year. Cannot see how we could ever afford to sign him as he is so much better than Conference South - which does bring into question as to why we are playing him? - but if Gary Owers has something up his sleeve with this one, he would be a huge asset alongside Batten at the back.

A bit concerned about Stuart Fleetwood up front - he was a very talented striker a few years back and a natural goalscorer - but his lack of football over the past couple of seasons was obvious and he did not appear to be anywhere near fully match fit. Looks like he spends a lot of time in the gym and looks slightly stiff and 'muscle bound' but he doesn't look very sharp across the turf yet and if he is going to be our main source of goals, I cannot see him delivering unless he sharpens up considerably. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he is no Dave Pratt for pressing and closing down defenders. However, it was the first game I have seen him play for us but as a main signing I was slightly 'underwhelmed'.

Overall, some talented lads on the pitch yesterday - Marshall also catching the eye in midfield - and although McCootie will never be a prolific goalscorer due to his hesitancy and reluctance to shoot when in good positions, I did think he looked fitter, sharper and put in a great deal more effort into the game than he ever did last season. Early days yet but it looks like Gary Owers renowned coaching skills are proving beneficial.
cannonball
cannonball

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:31 pm

The squad is slightly imbalanced at the moment with four strikers but there must still be a worry that there is a lack of goals in this team. No combination from those four look like putting the ball in the back of the net on sufficiently regular basis.
Still we have been playing strong opposition with the exception of the Jags.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:33 pm

cannonball wrote:...A bit concerned about Stuart Fleetwood up front - he was a very talented striker a few years back and a natural goalscorer - but his lack of football over the past couple of seasons was obvious and he did not appear to be anywhere near fully match fit. Looks like he spends a lot of time in the gym and looks slightly stiff and 'muscle bound' but he doesn't look very sharp across the turf yet and if he is going to be our main source of goals, I cannot see him delivering unless he sharpens up considerably. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he is no Dave Pratt for pressing and closing down defenders. However, it was the first game I have seen him play for us but as a main signing I was slightly 'underwhelmed'.

Overall, some talented lads on the pitch yesterday - Marshall also catching the eye in midfield - and although McCootie will never be a prolific goalscorer due to his hesitancy and reluctance to shoot when in good positions, I did think he looked fitter, sharper and put in a great deal more effort into the game than he ever did last season. Early days yet but it looks like Gary Owers renowned coaching skills are proving beneficial.

I haven't seen Huth yet, however, everyone who has likes what they see; I concur about the rest when I saw them against Partick.  I would have hoped that Stuart would be better by now, a big concern as it sounds like he hasn't improved much.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:37 pm

The three previous posts are spot on.
I felt sorry for Hunter who throughout the first half kept taking up good wide positions on our attacking left but was continually ignored by our midfielders who often elected to play the ball to Coots in the centre where he was crowded by defenders and so made little or no headway......Hope GO noticed this........Hunter became increasingly frustrated, as did I, then didn't play in the second half.

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Tricky this on Huth. Presume Monthe must be watching with interest for the one slot with Batten and hasn't signed yet. Huth must be hoping for a higher club, playing against Rovers and Cheltenham would be a shop window, doubt he will line up v. Shortwood, and guess has until end of the transfer window in August to get somewhere. Anyway, GO will know more than we do, keep the faith.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Luton Roman wrote: Presume Monthe must be watching with interest for the one slot with Batten and hasn't signed yet.
Surely we need more than 2 centre-backs? Obviously Ball can play there, but he seems to be our only option at left-back currently, so we could do with Batten plus 2 others.

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Don't forget Big Chaz!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:16 pm

I think that scoring goals is going to be the main problem once again this season. Also not impressed with Fleetwood so far, he is going to have to step up a couple of gears if he is going to be the answer.
I know money is short but can't help wondering if we would have been better at least trying for Jamie Cureton. I fully realise he is now 40 but has always scored goals and is the 'fox in the box' player I think we need. He is a Bristol lad originally and has said he wants to play on this season, but if Fleetwood is on a contract we have to hope he comes good.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 pm

I agree with the Fleetwood comments, but hope the guy will prove us all wrong.

He reminds me of Jon Davies too much. Muscle bound and swinging around the pitch....

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Well, I'll be reserving judgement on Fleetwood until I've seen him play a few league games. There have been plenty of players who look good in friendlies and don't perform when the league season starts. Too much can be read into these friendlies and they often prove misleading as to the success or otherwise of the season to come.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Last season The frienlies indicated we would struggle to put the ball in the back of the net. If it hadn't been for penalties we would have been relegated.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:38 am

and the pre season before, we looked like world beaters.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum