Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit?

+16
Timbo_b-o-a
comrade powell
Elmore James
yuffie
Sir Ged Roddy
Marc Monitor
LB
OliverH
kermit
SteveS
Steve Whites Missus
Ian Jones
striped67
pete mac
sned
Roy D Hacksaw
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? Empty Sponsor draw - and possible new kit?

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Apparently the draw for next season's kit sponsors was held tonight, with Sitec winning the main shirt sponsorship, and Gradwell Communications bagging the back. Congratulations to them both.

But what was more interesting to me was the image used to announce this on social media. So it this just a place holder picture, or are we going to have a decent kit again for the first time in a while?

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? 13243910

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? Empty Re: Sponsor draw - and possible new kit?

Post by striped67 Thu May 26, 2016 8:10 am

Looks like this one http://www.errea.it/en/shop/alben-shirt-ss-ad-em1d0c.html "For illustrative purpose only", it says though.....
striped67
striped67

Back to top Go down

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? Empty Re: Sponsor draw - and possible new kit?

Post by sned Thu May 26, 2016 9:22 am

striped67 wrote:Looks like this one http://www.errea.it/en/shop/alben-shirt-ss-ad-em1d0c.html "For illustrative purpose only", it says though.....

I like that design, i took the "For illustrative purpose only" to mean that the real deal will look less like the Sirtec logo has just been photoshopped on!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Thu May 26, 2016 10:42 am

Yes it looks much better than last season's kit.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by striped67 Thu May 26, 2016 11:26 am

sned wrote:
striped67 wrote:Looks like this one http://www.errea.it/en/shop/alben-shirt-ss-ad-em1d0c.html "For illustrative purpose only", it says though.....

I like that design, i took the "For illustrative purpose only" to mean that the real deal will look less like the Sirtec logo has just been photoshopped on!

Hopefully that is the case and they haven't just put a random black and white shirt on the photo. I may even be persuaded to open my wallet... Cool
striped67
striped67

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Jones Thu May 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Did I miss something, I know I'm not at many games these days but I didn't see any publicity for this on here, in the local press, social media or anywhere. That being said the two sponsors are excellent business's.

Ian Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 pm

I think you missed something Ian.  It was mentioned in the weekly club email, website, programme and Chronicle.  If you don't get the weekly email from the club I would recommend you sign up as it is very good.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Thu May 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes, there has been publicity as mentioned above. Bob has been working hard on it for some weeks and likes to get out and make personal contact with business's.
Pleased SITEC won as they have been supporting this for several years and also help with other sponsorship. Having said that thanks is also due to every business who entered.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by striped67 Thu May 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Ian Jones wrote:Did I miss something, I know I'm not at many games these days but I didn't see any publicity for this on here, in the local press, social media or anywhere. That being said the two sponsors are excellent business's.

There's been plenty on twitter about it https://twitter.com/BathCity_FC
striped67
striped67

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Thu May 26, 2016 10:55 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:Apparently the draw for next season's kit sponsors was held tonight, with Sitec winning the main shirt sponsorship, and Gradwell Communications bagging the back. Congratulations to them both.

But what was more interesting to me was the image used to announce this on social media. So it this just a place holder picture, or are we going to have a decent kit again for the first time in a while?

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? 13243910
Nice to know we've got at least 16 players for next season!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Jones Fri May 27, 2016 9:02 am

It’s not a criticism but this year I seriously haven’t seen anything about this in the chronicle or on the forum although I may well be wrong. Just did a quick search on google and the last news stories our from May 2015 in the Chronicle.

I would also guess that the club will be putting out a press release about this.

As I say no criticism as Bob works so very hard and does a great job!!

Ian Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri May 27, 2016 11:38 am

There have been lots of stories about the club in the Chronicle since May 2015 - try searching "Bath City" on the Chron website. Half-page story on the Bid last week as I recall.

The Chronicle receives the Bath City newsletter which acts a press release of sorts, for stories that we (the 1000BC team) think deserve special attention we send something separately. For example we have been getting regular coverage in the paper of our "Spirit of Bath City" award, which celebrates volunteers.

We'll see what coverage we get from this but bear in mind it's not necessarily the most earth-shattering local news!

That said, I do take your point that we haven't really focused on the Forum as a promotion channel, possibly because we assume that forumites are already dedicated fans who don't need to have the club promoted to them - that's not really true though, so we can look to use the forum more.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Jones Fri May 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi Oliver, I know there have been loads on various subjects, I was particularly thinking about the sponsors draw, inviting business's to get involved, regular stories on ticket sales for the draw, what a sponsor potentially gets from entering. Not just through the chronicle but also through the regional press / websites.

Ian Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri May 27, 2016 3:32 pm

I am glad Ian isn't being critical!

As I understand it there were 58 entries for the draw, which at £300 a time comes out at over £17000 raised - personally I think that is a very good result and one that everyone involved should be very proud of.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri May 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks Ian and to be clear we absolutely do want supporters to hold us to account for what the 1000BC team is and isn't doing well, that's how it should be!
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:34 pm

On the subject of kits, can anyone tell me the relevance of the shirt on the right here
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:09 am

Marc Monitor wrote:On the subject of kits, can anyone tell me the relevance of the shirt on the right here

The number is our maximum squad size?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 am

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by striped67 Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am

Marc Monitor wrote:here

In case you missed the link, "here" means http://www.toffs.com/retro-football-shirts/english-teams/bath-city. It looks like a plain black polo shirt, so I can't see the relevance to Bath City.
striped67
striped67

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

I guess they are trying to connect anything black and white with us. The same polo shirt (plus the white version) appears on the Newcastle and Notts County pages.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 am

This Gradwell bloke is he any good?

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:06 am

He used to play for Hull.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

From the newsletter this morning, it looks like that is the kit for the new season.

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? 00389501-ea4b-4540-b43c-a2170e80b7e5

Rank. How on earth do you bugger up black and white stripes. I know that Newcastle and Notts County have tried it over the years but we seem to be trying to top them. I can only think that it is a tribute to out status as a university city by making the players look like they are wearing capes. Will mortarboards be next?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:15 pm

What with some teams only having the stripes on the front, with a plain back, and this fad for only half length stripes it's almost as if they are embarrassed to display them fully. Full length on front and back please (with a large enough panel to display number on back)!!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Haven't had a proper shirt since the John Crick one in my opinion..

I think this would be pretty much my dream City shirt after having a little mess about:

Sponsor draw - and possible new kit? Shirt_11[/url]
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next