Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v WSM

+18
Notters
City Awayday
Marc Monitor
kermit
2weirdtown
stillmanjunior
LB
London Calling
Elmore James
Steve Whites Missus
Beau Nash
sirkev
sned
comrade powell
BenE
the demon headmaster
yuffie
Luton Roman
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v WSM - Page 2 Empty Re: City v WSM

Post by BenE Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm

sned wrote:
BenE wrote:
didn't have a single shot on goal througout. .

apart from a weak effort from Artus and Pratt through on goal and the keeper made a good save?

Ah yes I forgot about the latter with all the excitement. I wouldn't call the former a shot. He appeared not to want to hit it just as they all seemed reluctant to have a pop.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 pm

BenE wrote:
sned wrote:
BenE wrote:
didn't have a single shot on goal througout. .

apart from a weak effort from Artus and Pratt through on goal and the keeper made a good save?

Ah yes I forgot about the latter with all the excitement. I wouldn't call the former a shot. He appeared not to want to hit it just as they all seemed reluctant to have a pop.

They all count! It's a shame we're having to get so desperate!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by Notters Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:18 pm

After months (and 90 minutes) of frustrating performances, the last five minutes justify why we put ourselves through it. When Weston scored their inevitable goal, I thought that was it, we are going down - for definite.

What happened after that...well...not even my wildest thoughts could have come up with it. Pure joy and wild celebrations. A few random folks standing near me got a big hug Smile

Notters

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Anybody know why McCootie was subbed?
Made no sense to me as they had just taken off Clayton Fortune

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the last 5 as much as the next man but without those 2 late goals we would be having a much different conversation.
Inexplicable substitutions like that bother me.

I'm done now. You can get back to the party
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 pm

More to the point, would we have scored those goals with McCootie still on the pitch? It seemed that Harvey took on some responsibility after the substitution -remember it was his header which led to the handball. Although very raw, I thought Hutchinson provided us with more pace in those closing moments.
But to answer your question, Owers had been shouting at him for the previous 15 minutes and presumably had run out of patience.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Never ever leave early from a match.

Quite. Those three goals today mean that in the final 15 minutes in games involving either Bath or Weston this season, 60 goals have been scored.

We've scored and conceded 15 in the final 15 minutes of games. Weston have scored 13, conceded 17.

In the first 15 and last 15 minutes of games, we've conceded 28 goals. In the remaining hour (16-75), we've conceded 27. Need to improve concentration at the start and end it seems...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:57 pm

McCootie looked completely knackered when he came off, thought he was going to collapse in a heap before he reached the dugout. Dan Ball was limping heavily afterwards so hope no more injuries.
For 90 minutes the game followed the usual pattern, we had more of the possession but did not look like scoring and they seemingly grab a late winner but then the script was turned upside down. There is still hope.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:04 pm

I can never understand why people leave early from Twerton. There was only 800 people there today and half of them if not more walked up. Even with a jam getting out of the car park you could be the other side of Bath in 30 minutes. We were in the Royal Oak at 5 after clapping the players off.

Agreed about Hutchinson. I was sort of taking the piss in calling his name and shouting "Come on Josh" anytime he was near the ball as I assumed he was an Academy player that we had thrown on due to a shortage of subs. However, he looked lively and deserves another chance.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:12 pm

He's from the Development Squad. And with his first name ending in 'H' as well as surname beginning with the same letter I keep struggling to announce his name, end up nearly saying 'Joss'.

Played at Whitehawk last season in a 2-1 defeat.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 am

Marc Monitor wrote:Agreed about Hutchinson. I was sort of taking the piss in calling his name and shouting "Come on Josh" anytime he was near the ball as I assumed he was an Academy player that we had thrown on due to a shortage of subs. However, he looked lively and deserves another chance.

Don't understand that attitude. It was good to see a development player getting a chance at last.

Didn't he play full back against Street? If he is a striker that is impressive.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 am

To my shame I told an old friend that I had had enough when Weston scored. I couldn't face a return to the SL and wouldn't be back. I was near the tea bar when we equalised and also told Daz that I still thought we were going down. Then I reached Bas and said the same to him as Harvey hit the ball and I watched it arc exquisitely over the despairing keeper. I celebrated wildly like everyone else but on leaving the ground got ribbed by all those I had had my doom moment with.

Ashamed to say that I gave up but thankfully the players didn't.

Of course I'll be back. Days like yesterday are priceless.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

BenE wrote:
Marc Monitor wrote:Agreed about Hutchinson. I was sort of taking the piss in calling his name and shouting "Come on Josh" anytime he was near the ball as I assumed he was an Academy player that we had thrown on due to a shortage of subs. However, he looked lively and deserves another chance.

Don't understand that attitude. It was good to see a development player getting a chance at last.

I think I misrepresented myself. I have no problem at all with young players getting blooded early and think I have been an advocate of it on here before.

What I meant by taking the piss was that I was encouraging him as if he was a long time favourite player that had come on such as Pratt. It wasn't the best humour in the world but it kept me and those around me amused. You had to be there, I suppose.

Anyway, it may have done some good. I will certainly be exhorting by name again.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Believe this or not
Bath city have made it onto Points West News

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks to Andy Howard
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:38 pm

SASCHA wrote:Believe this or not
Bath city have made it onto Points West News

And also made it to Germany!
http://www.11freunde.de/video/die-spektakulaerste-nachspielzeit-des-wochenendes-die-wir-beinahe-alle-verpasst-haetten

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2