Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Day 2016

+13
Roy D Hacksaw
Ashley
stillmanjunior
kermit
Dave
comrade powell
Roman Mike
Matty_the_Roman
2weirdtown
OliverH
Marc Monitor
Luton Roman
Beau Nash
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Community Day 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: Community Day 2016

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Nope, Brian May* will be there. He's a long standing Bath City fan who's been attending, home and away, for many years longer than either of us have been living around here, Marc.

*(It might not be the Brian May you're thinking of)

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Ah, I see. He's still getting more publicity than more local leading lights of the punk rock world such as me and, indeed moreso, yourself.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:41 am

Should point out that Bath City's Brian May is also a name in the local music scene, having been an organiser of the Village Pump Festival for many years.

(Memo to Marc - M'lud, the Village Pump is an annual gathering of those who appreciate folk music)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:27 pm

770+ on the crowd, if the weather had been better could have been more. My only concern with these 'pay what you want' games is the numptys who thinks its great to pay 50p to get in. Still more than the 47p for a family of five last year....

Do they realise they're hurting Dorothy House as well as the football club?

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:57 pm

At the end of the day, it's "Pay What You Want" and, if you want to pay 50p to get in, you can. IT does exactly what it says on the tin. Of course, it is a charity day but it would be ridiculous to suggest that the club doesn't also do this to attract people after this match as it does it for very laudable altruistic reasons. That 47p family may decide that they want to come back every week or, indeed, may put a lot more in the buckets going around. I was talking to someone who paid £10 and said that he was going to put more in the buckets.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Bayern Munich (38,000 season tickets sold)...English supporters will be amazed that a season ticket in the standing area of the Allianz Arena can be had for as little as €140 (c.£100). The best football for the lowest price….German football is doing something right!

Until our level reduces its prices by at least half we will always struggle to attract regular attendances of 800+ unless we are doing something remarkable such as winning the league.

There are tens of millions of people in the UK struggling to feed and house themselves so if they get a day out, once a year, for £0.47 good luck to them.

It was mild and not too wet, better than I thought the weather was going to be.  I walked to TP, taking 20 - 25 minutes each way so don't think weather is the reason for the low attendance.  The promotion of the day was well done so that probably wasn't the reason.  Maybe the long run of defeats was?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 pm

I think it was more the forecast than the actual weather. Having said that, as I walked from the chip bar to the tea bar, I noticed that in parts it was very windy and rainy. Indeed, I didn't realise that Twerton Park had so many different micro-climates. From the peaks of the Chip Bar Crew's usual vantage point to the North East part of the Bath end can only be 25 foot at most but it is, I am sure, a 5 degree and 10 mph wind speed difference.

I can't remember what the question was again but I think that people were put off by the forecast more than the meteorological actuality.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 am

I think that it's the middle of winter problem. Watching football at this level in February is really a leisure activity for the diehards, so well done to the club for attracting every newcomer who was there yesterday. The number of schoolchildren in the family stand looked down on past community days, probably the result of Banes being on half term last week.
For me the key is to hold this day at a time of the season when you are likely to have better weather. April is too late to attract newcomers to following matches and the late Autumn is at the mercy of cup draws. I would go for early October - the weather is still bearable, schools have been back from the Summer long enough to get the day advertised and it's before the half term. So this season it would have been the Basingstoke match. Of course, the organisers may claim that does not leave sufficient time to prepare following the publication of fixtures.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:03 am

Good reasoning from Comrade Chair and this season "early October" would have seen us on the down so maybe reinvigorated the team performances? Hindsight is a wonderful sense. Wink
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:17 pm

I think everyone knew it wouldbe difficult to drag people out of their homes on a cold wet and blustery February day. As comrade says the ideal date in April would probably be too late.

But I have to say that the biggest success of the event was to change the atmosphere at the ground. There was a positive vibe that has been missing for a long long time. Well done to all involved.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Yes, well done indeed. I think the absolute most you could have expected yesterday had it been a routine home match would have been 600. To add in the region of another 150 (or 25%) in what was pretty appalling weather is a positive achievement.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:16 pm

We were hoping for more but in the end I think 750+ is a decent turnout. The rugby may also have been a factor.

The main positive I took away was the coverage it secured the club in both traditional and social media, with several local businesses inc Curo and Bath Business Angels, plus Bath's mayor tweeting on the day.

As I've said here and elsewhere, raising attendances is going to be a long-term, cumulative effort. In marketing they talk about the "Rule of 7" - people need to hear a marketing message an average of seven times before they take action (different studies show different numbers but you get the point). The publicity around Community Day may have taken a lot of people closer to attending their first match even if they didn't turn up yesterday.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:21 pm

I was discussing with one of the main drivers of the Community Day yesterday whether it would be better held in the early season and October was one of the times mentioned - especially as the students have just arrived then. However, as is often the case, the small band of dedicated volunteers at the club who already do so much have a lot to do early season and October is perhaps too soon for them to be able to concentrate on it. However, with more volunteers, these burdens would be lightened to let people concentrate on having a community day earlier in the season.

As I said to him, 750 on a day like yesterday was a real testament to the efforts put into yesterday.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Yes 750 was a good effort given the form of the teams (bottom 2 in form table before yesterday) and the weather. As one of the Exile sponsors underpinning the finances Id be interested to know what the trend was in amount paid at the gate?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:20 pm

BenE wrote:I think everyone knew it wouldbe difficult to drag people out of their homes on a cold wet  and blustery February day. As comrade says the ideal date in April would probably be too late.

But I have to say that the biggest success of the event was to change the atmosphere at the ground. There was a positive vibe that has been missing for a long long time. Well done to all involved.
Agree with that, and it was good to have the newcomers attending our first match with the new manager

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:37 pm

A good crowd on an awful day. My family were coming the looked at the rain and wind and decided to stay home.

We do get Bath rugby fans coming to football.

A positive step towards a1000 target

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:55 am

http://www.bathcityfc.com/news14.htm

Unclaimed prizes from Community Day draw (22/2/16)
There are several unclaimed prizes from Saturday's Community Day free ticket draw. They are:
Bristol City signed away shirt - ticket number 3074
Wolverhampton signed shirt - ticket number 2261
Bath City signed football - ticket number 0303
2 tickets for a Bath City home game this season - ticket number 1130
Voucher for a meal for 2 at the Bird In Hand Saltford - ticket number 1914

If you hold one of the winning tickets you can collect the prize from the club office on a match day.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty_the_Roman Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Beau Nash wrote:http://www.bathcityfc.com/news14.htm

Unclaimed prizes from Community Day draw (22/2/16)
There are several unclaimed prizes from Saturday's Community Day free ticket draw. They are:
Bristol City signed away shirt - ticket number 3074
Wolverhampton signed shirt - ticket number 2261
Bath City signed football - ticket number 0303
2 tickets for a Bath City home game this season - ticket number 1130
Voucher for a meal for 2 at the Bird In Hand Saltford - ticket number 1914

If you hold one of the winning tickets you can collect the prize from the club office on a match day.

Should have drawn these on the pitch and just kept pulling numbers until everything got claimed..

Matty_the_Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Community Day 2016 - Page 2 E4c33658-c091-4a17-80da-851142d445fa

Bob Chester presenting a cheque from the Community Day to YUFFERS! but who borrowed his camera. Question
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2