Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Day flop

+13
Roman Mike
Marc Monitor
London Calling
LB
Jon_BOA
yuffie
2weirdtown
the demon headmaster
BenE
danver
SteveS
Steve Whites Missus
comrade powell
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boxing Day flop - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Day flop

Post by miker Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:53 pm

I missed the game due to a family "do" but listened to most of the 2nd half on BCIR. I guess that you know that people can send in comments and just before the end someone typed something to the effect that they had been told by a city player that most of the team were fed up with the current situation at the club and would be looking to leave at the end of the season if things didn't change. If true this is a worry and also might go some way to explaining how the team has performed. Anyone else heard about this ?

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:55 pm

miker wrote:I missed the game due to a family "do" but listened to most of the 2nd half on BCIR. I guess that you know that people can send in comments and just before the end someone typed something to the effect that they had been told by a city player that most of the team were fed up with the current situation at the club and would be looking to leave at the end of the season if things didn't change. If true this is a worry and also might go some way to explaining how the team has performed. Anyone else heard about this ?

Nope - which player and/or supporter mentioned this?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 pm

I've just looked back on the matchchat thingy on BCIR and the person who made the comment is "oldman". He doesn't say which player.

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 pm

If I had a pound for every time I have seen/heard this kind of 'inside information' usually anonymously, I'd have bought the club myself by now.

On the subject of Coupey, should he possibly have some sort of non-playing role?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 pm

miker wrote:I've just looked back on the matchchat thingy on BCIR and the person who made the comment is "oldman". He doesn't say which player.

Can't really narrow it down on my Bath City version of "Guess Who?" unfortunately. Unless this person has been very clever and they're actually about my age, using a devious disguise.

As 2weird says, these sort of things come out all the time yet it's never revealed who has said what, same at most clubs I bet. I could have posted on the matchchat and said the exact opposite - claim a player messaged me recently to say they're really behind the management. I'm not having a go at you Mike, you're only passing on what you've read. I just don't understand why people post things like that, particularly under an anonymous name, when they're never going to say outright who has said what.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Hopefully 2weirdtown and you are right and it was just a comment made by someone who was upset at the time having a go to let off steam; just seems an odd thing to do if there is actually no substance to it. I was just alarmed by it hence my question. What chance that "oldman" will come on here and clarify the statement eh?

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:19 am

Coupe back in is a very good call, as has been said a very good organiser and very assured since his return. The first game back I worried about his lack of pace but he hasn't put a foot wrong that I have seen since. He used to be the sort of player that worried you to watch but now I have a lot more confidence in him.

For the record, I would love to see a Bath City version of "Who's Who" especially if it was based around the supporters.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:19 am

Whilst I agree that Coupe does galvanize the team and fires them up, at times this season he has been left for dead in the centre of defence. He nearly always tries to get in front of the defender to get to the ball. This will of course often work out OK, but several times the ball goes past Matt and the attacker is left in the clear. However.....worth a punt on playing him today so long as H&W don't have some fast tricky attackers!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm

It was pretty awful.

I persuaded my 2 sons to come along but there was little atmosphere and nothing to cheer.

I have been a fan for almost 50 years but this tests even my loyalty.

I don't mind defeats as long as we put something together.

I thought the central defence pairing was poor but we were useless all over the pitch.

Schoolboy clearances, passes into touch etc.

No fun at all.

We must do better than this.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2