Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Facilities

+6
Steve Whites Missus
LB
BenE
2weirdtown
Marc Monitor
Roman Mike
10 posters

Go down

Training Facilities Empty Training Facilities

Post by Roman Mike Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 am

Turns out we can't organise training facilities now. Sounds lame to me.
What am I missing here?

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-City-s-set-piece-problems-result-unsuitable/story-28228226-detail/story.html
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Training Facilities Empty Re: Training Facilities

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 am

There's an argument for a 3G pitch straight away.

I am not sure what he means about there not being adequate training facilities for the 11 years he has been at the club. Part of our deal with TeamBath was that we used their facilities for training. They have got great facilities up there with, at least, two full size pitches (not including the 3G ones). If we didn't get access to them in the deal, that was a real mistake.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:45 pm

The question has been asked many times on here as to what the benefits of our much trumpeted 'agreement' was/is with the Uni.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:53 pm

I play for an hour on a full size pitch every week. Costs about 30 quid. Are there no pitches closer than filton. Strange comment. Sounds like bollocks. Do they train on our pitch when we have no home matches?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Unfortunately in the present climate this just sounds like another excuse, albeit one we haven't heard for a while.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am

I didn't think we had conceded from too many set pieces, just sloppy defending.... so a non-excuse methinks

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 am

Steve Whites Missus wrote:I didn't think we had conceded from too many set pieces, just sloppy defending.... so a non-excuse methinks

It has given us something to discuss for a day or two

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BathMan Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:02 am

Odd Down, loads off grass, loads of Goals, a top class astro, Council Owned, 4 miles from our home ground.
I walk it during the day and totally empty including the astro, policy for the astro pay a quid if not booked i'm sure if Bath City talk with local council members they could cut a deal. if its a day light issue then i would bring my team back to Twerton park bimonthly flick a light on for a few hours and sort out my set pieces, i'm sure the grass could cope with 2 hrs each half for a month. its about a will to win if its a real issue !!!!

BathMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:55 am

Bit of a concern that the Odd Down astro turf/3g pitch is underused as it seems that one of the aims of the Community Club is the eventual installation of an artificial surface so as to generate additional income.
If there is already an existing facility in Bath that is under-utilised where would the demand for using a Twerton Park facility come from.

Diogenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

One of the aims of the community club is to set up a working group to explore the feasibility and report back to the community club members to discuss, debate and eventually vote on any proposal for an installation of an artificial surface so as to generate additional income and take
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Explains why our pitch is in such good condition. Only played on every two weeks. And it will have a nice rest for the next round of the trophy.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:04 pm

The lights were on when I drove through Twerton yesterday so assume training took place on the pitch. Either that or we re-arranged a game and forgot to tell anyone.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down