Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealdstone v. City

+14
yuffie
cannonball
Steve Whites Missus
Roman Mike
SteveS
Marc Monitor
BenE
comrade powell
the demon headmaster
Ashley
Elmore James
Beau Nash
LB
Luton Roman
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wealdstone v. City - Page 3 Empty Re: Wealdstone v. City

Post by BenE Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:46 pm

comrade powell wrote:Perhaps a change in formation is the answer...

r u avin' a laugh?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 pm

BenE wrote:
comrade powell wrote:Perhaps a change in formation is the answer...

r u avin' a laugh?

Well I know this is more your department, so what do you think?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Elmore James wrote:
comrade powell wrote:Adie Britton is quoted on the Chronicle website today that our problems lie further forward with chances not being taken. I can't agree with him when he says that we created plenty on Saturday, but it's clear that Pratt is out of sorts while McCootie and Watkins currently don't look like a goal is in them. So clearly another change is that we need to kill teams off when we are on top in games. In the past I have been concerned with the lack of striking options, but with Kaid here until January that is not currently an issue. Perhaps a change in formation is the answer...

It's all down to man management, training, tactics/formation - something that clearly isn't being done correctly.

This is also the conclusion that I constantly bash out Elmore. As someone who watches 95% of all games I believe I am justified in airing my opinions, especially when such a sombre thread such as this one contains so much genuine concern for our Club. Throughout the years Cannonball's posts have been respected by everyone, and for him to have felt moved to write what he did (above), should strike fear into the hearts and souls of all of us, including the most 'moderate' of Forum contributers. Don't let anyone try to pull the wool over your eyes any more - the disrespect of the current team management is definately biting into the very core of Bath City support like never before, and NOW is the time for those on the Board, who have unbelievably supported Howells and Briton up to now, to take action whilst we are still able to field a team worthy of watching.

I am firmly in the camp of those people that believe that the buck stops at the management's doorstep. They can take our praises when we are doing well, but they should equally accept criticism when things go pear-shaped. The one thing they do right (by and large) is they make some very good signings, but there the praise stops. None of us knows what goes on at training (one player allegedly said to a supporter, a few years ago, when asked what training was like, "training? - its a joke"), but, injuries accepted, it does not appear to be good enough. If they are doing their best then they should hold their hands up in submission and go. One of the things that really annoys fans like me is that they appear to oh so easily reject younger players after just one game or two, when, throughout the years it has been shown that players need a minimum of six matches to gel. They seem to be more considerate to older more experienced players, when the emphasis and patience to 'come good' should be the other way round! I could not believe how the team was set up last Saturday, with our best midfielder playing in defence, whilst a young right back and a central defender were on the bench, and another young central defender was playing for another club! There were therefore several options available, but, in pulling a key midfielder completely out of position, we starved our forwards. I have every sympathy with Andy and Dave - they are not particularly out of form - they are just not getting good service - Mohamed was playing too deep, and management have clearly shown that they do not believe in out and out wingers. Mr McCooty needs about a year off to get fully fit - Andy and Dave are still our best strikers, but I believe that their confidence has dipped. There are not many good chances, but we should not be surprised if a few half chances are missed. Mistakes made by the defence are quickly forgotten compared with a missed 'one on one' by a striker.
And then there are the diabolical situations when our management (usually Mr Howells) talks to the press. What he says to them might be honest, but do we, let alone any players, want to hear him banging on about the team being only as good as what we can afford etc etc? He should keep his mouth shut - keep such thoughts to himself, except when talking to Mr Briton behind closed doors. It seems that every time he opens his mouth he drops a clanger - completely unprofessional - and it could be getting to the players!! I dread to think what his pre-match team talks are like!

I have been thinking of writing something all day, and I have only scratched the surface. I wish I knew who Cannonball is as I would love to chat to him, before the urge to watch a team just a half a mile away from my doorstep (in the Southern League) becomes too great to resist.

The time for change at Bath City is NOW.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 am

Excellent post, Steve. Just disagree with one thing - the buck stops with the board, who should also be shown what Cannonball wrote. I often think that the supporters are ignored - they can't afford to drive away people like him who have put so much into the club over the years. If he ever returns I'll introduce you to him!
Oh for a members club where there was real accountability....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3